My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, August 13, 2021

"I can Understand That" by Susan Pearl

 John Muir wrote:

"The mountains are calling me

   and I must go".


I saw a plaque in a catalogue that read:

"The Mountains are calling me".

In the background was a picture of a beautiful mountain range.

Our son-in-law found a special connection

   to the grandness, majesty and wonderment in the mountains.

The mountains called him back time after time.

We have relatives who experience 

  a connection to the flatland by farming.

It is rewarding, fulfilling with great renewal and they spend a lifetime

   taking in sunrise to sunset beauty while putting in a hard day's work.

I can understand that-

 because I, too, have experienced being carried away by the vastness of nature's repeated cycles of beauty-

  and I have stood in awe of it all.

Pets, animals, fishing, amphibians, fowl, reptiles and underwater life can all bring about a tireless enjoyment that doesn't ever grow old--it is like we are suspended in a reunion time when together.

Even garden vegetables turning into spices- turning into cooking and making savoring flavors are looked forward to having again. 

Yes, those kind of connections call to us, as we long for their moments of bonding us-

   to something far bigger, far greater and far beyond to what we can take in or comprehend.

The cost of being enthralled by a connection to the wonder of it all is free--

The benefits are priceless and give passion to a true sense being where we belong.

We all want to belong and be extended an extension to a relationship of knowing there is more than is before our very eyes and somehow connect with it.

Then the longing is the calling of a certain lonesomeness that looks forward to seeing or being with what is beyond what we can take in or comprehend, again and again.   

Yes, I can understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment