My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, December 5, 2020

"Meaning Gives Meaning" by Susan Pearl

 We are downsizing in sections.  A couple years ago we concentrated on nick knacks and other things that we enjoyed for many years and hoped some else would enjoy them, also.  A small wall ceramic beautiful clock was a little hard to part with for me.  The colors were so lovely and I had enjoyed it above the phone for over fifteen years.  But away it went to be be displayed with other things we sent to a community sale.

Our daughter said that a man was looking up and down our tables of things and he was actually visibly struck when he saw the ceramic clock.  He picked it up saying, "My grandmother had one just like this and I loved it.  My sister loved it, too, so I let her have it".  He was so happy and bought it.

Once in awhile when I look at our phone I still kind of think of the lovely ceramic clock we had above it for so many years.  But then very happy thoughts flood my mind when I think of the man having the clock on display in his home and how special it is to him and how special it was to him the the day he found it.  It was obvious it had meaning to him and maybe even made a meaningful story for them to tell others.

Somehow, these thoughts bring me more meaning and much more enjoyment than to still have the clock above the phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment