My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

" My Senior Discount" by Susan Pearl


Dear Readers,
My break is over and I hope to post a blog each week again.
Thank you for your patience, kindness and support.
I had a wonderful break and hope to write more blogs in the future.
Some blogs will be humorous, some will be insightful and some will be to share my thoughts--
All will be based on Faith, Hope and Love.

Best Wishes,
Susan Pearl


My 62nd birthday was such a special day because I was receiving my fist senior discount at our favorite restaurant.  I had my drivers license ready in case I had to prove I was really that old. They didn't ask for any proof. which was a little bit of a surprise to me.  I guess I looked like a honest person to them.
What a thrill having a senior discount each time we ate at the restaurant and the saved dollar never tasted so good.
A while later I made a doctor's appointment to discuss my eyes and an issue I had been experiencing.
My doctor said,  "Well, at your age you can expect things like this to show up".
I felt insulted and I think my doctor sensed that because he added, "Of course, you probably don't want to be told that".
I thought, "These things are happening too early for me.  After all, I really do think I am too young to be a senior "!

No comments:

Post a Comment