My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, September 16, 2019

"Getting Better" by Susan Pearl

I remember the words of a dear friend after she and I gave our very first guitar program.
After the program was over she said,  "Well, Susan, we can only get better."
I was surprised because I thought we had done really well and that it couldn't get much better.
She moved away shortly after that but I have since come to understand more about giving a first
performance and getting better.  It is a process that involves more than just the music.

I think that "getting better" can mean being less nervous, being more confident and more relaxed.
We both had butterflies in our stomachs and maybe a little trembling to remember everything in order and to try to do it right.

Once we know we could do it and do it well, it does get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment