My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Thursday, September 19, 2019

"Chicken Showdown" by Susan Pearl

My husband told me recently that he was hungry for fried chicken.  It had been years since we started buying the skinless, boneless chicken for baking.  We had incorporated it into our diet as a healthier way of eating chicken.  So we decided we were going to fry chicken thighs. I did the flouring and my husband monitored and turned the chicken in the electric skillet.  The moment had arrived for our fried chicken dinner.  I said that I didn't want to eat any chicken skin because I didn't want the extra calories.  My husband said he wouldn't be eating any chicken skin either. I said, "Wait a minute.  We just pan fried a chicken only to tear the skin off and not eat the crispy outside coating?  Why not just bake skinless chicken.?"  My husband said that he thought the meat had a different flavor from being fried and he enjoyed it fixed that way once in awhile.  I then learned from him that boneless, skinless chicken is more expensive so might as well buy the bone-in chicken with skin and just not eat the skin.  Why is this turning into a mathematical issue?  What happened?  When did something easy become so complicated to me?  I say, "Bring back the oven baked boneless, skinless chicken for our meals at home and call it good."  Which it really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment