My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, November 25, 2011

#287 "Depth Of Hardship" By Susan Pearl

I remember an interview on television of a nine year old boy,
His family was being focused for a homeless feature on the news,
The interviewer asked the boy if there was anything he would like people to know about being hungry,
The boy, without hesitation, said, "When you are hungry, you can't sleep."
I know sleep deprivation can take a hard and terrible mental toll on people,
So now I am aware of the added tremendous difficulty of the people who are hungry,
A nine year old boy showed me that insight in the interview,
It made me realize more depth of the hardship for those who are hungry,
In a follow up television program it was reported an individual had watched the report and had helped the boy and his family,
But it taught me that when children are hungry they can't sleep,
And there is something about a hungry and tired child that should make us weep,
We can't do it all but if we can help one that is what we should do,
One by one dreams do come true, and the ability to sleep and dream is for everyone, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment