My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

"Tightly Woven" by Susan Pearl

 I am not a seamstress, but I do keep two spools of thread and three needles by my chair at all times.

I sew on buttons and mend holes or rips as they happen or are needed.

Yesterday I noticed a seam on my garment had simply come apart.

It looked like an easy fix, so I grabbed a spool of thread and threaded a needle.

But it was very difficult from the beginning to get the needle in and out of the material.

The material was so tightly woven, and I had to change needles to my finest size.

It made me think that by looking, I could not tell how tightly woven the material is, it was not thick, very thin, but it didn't take long to find that out it was a challenge to hand sew. It was sewing machine material and here I was with needle in hand trying to do the best I could do with what I had.

There are two lessons I learned from this moment--First, maybe there are areas in my life that need repaired, but I am too tightly woven to receive help.  Maybe I need to loosen up and be more open to beneficial suggestions or good council.

Second, maybe, in some areas of life that are hard for me all I need to do is to change and refine my approach and try a better more accommodating way to accomplish the results I am hoping for.

At any rate, just that little bit of mending taught me two big lessons about life and about myself. It was a pearl moment because I learned more than I knew before.


No comments:

Post a Comment