My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Monday, March 20, 2017

"Turning a Chore into Fun" by Susan Pearl

I remember a lovely older lady telling me about how things were when she and her husband were young.
She said she remembered "Saturday" was house cleaning day each week.
She would put a paste wax on the living room floor but buffing it wasn't a chore,
Because that evening she and her husband had a lot of fun,
  by dancing to the Lawrence Welk Show in their stocking feet,
They got to have wonderful time and they got a beautiful shine on their living room floor.
It was a "win-win-win",
   The "win" of having fun by dancing,
   the "win" of shining the floor
   and the "win" of her smile as she told how happy and special it had been.
Then I thought it was another "win" by her sharing such a enjoyable memory with me.
And, maybe, more wins are yet to come by others having a smile when they read about
   turning a chore into having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment