My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Saturday, February 5, 2022

"My Thank You Tree" by Susan Pearl

 An extra tall blue spruce stands under beautiful Kansas skies.

Alone on the prairie surrounded by piles of rocks each evening a shadowy disguise arrives.

I was there when the blue spruce was a small seedling sprout,

Along with an area elderly gardener, both of us wondered how in the rocks this tree came about.

 A tree remarkably growing in the center of a rock query is a very unusual sight-

We thought a bird must have dropped the seed while in flight.

The gardener was elderly and frail, but each day poured a pale of water on the seedling tree.

The gardener said to me, "I will water the seedling once a day for a month,

    then once a week for a month-

     and then once a month, for as long as I can, this I understand."

Then the gardener said, "They tell me that soon I will die- but don't cry,

Cause if there's a way, I'll try to pull the seedling tree up high." 

Life called me away, but I carried that moment wherever I went---- to this day-

Now, I am the elderly one, and I have come to see the tree in the middle of the rock query.

Here I stand with a cane in my hand, looking at the most beautiful blue spruce tree I have ever seen-

It is sunset and the shadow of the tree is cascading and hopping over the variation of rocks galore,

Transforming the shadow's view into that of the gardener holding a water pale that is being poured,

This moment, too, I will carry as I go, remembering the gardener saying that a possibility grew,

And knowing that dream of a possibility has come true.

I ask myself; "Do I believe in miracles from above?"

Then I answer, "I believe in the power of love, 

And I believe that the power of love is what miracles are made of." 

This one-of-a-kind moment had been given to me-

Standing before rocks galore and the nicest blue spruce tree.

All that is within me began to soar-

Seeing that the possibility grew into a one-of-a-kind dream come true,

   all within me says, "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You."




No comments:

Post a Comment