My Logo

My logo illustrates that all aspects of life can come together for a common note.

Friday, May 28, 2021

"Temporary" by Susan Pearl

I have been wanting to write a blog about the concept of time that is referred to as "temporary". So I thought I would start by listing some things that are temporary.

I thought, "What is temporary?"  Then I thought, "What isn't temporary?" I concept of time that is called "temporary" can be harder to convey than I thought it would be.

Feelings, emotions, upheavals, unrest and disappointments are temporary, yet while experiencing these times they may not seem temporary but may seem long lasting for the years and years to come.

The problem can be that when these things are happening our concept of time may not be seeing things as temporary but seeing them as ongoing and maybe even unending.

We need to have a concept of time that allows for temporary to be a frequent part of life and thought process so in appropriate and various situations no matter how deeply consuming the situation is and how permanent it may feel we are aware that it is temporary.  

To realize that such combinations of circumstances coming together are temporary is a big step forward in understanding the current circumstances being experienced.

When I was growing up the adults had gone through wars, the great depression, epidemics and many hardships in many ways.

Yet, they taught me the expression "This, too, shall pass".

Isn't saying "This, too, shall pass" another way of saying "This is temporary"?

That generation had a true concept of time that is known as "temporary" and we should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment